Sunday, May 29, 2011

Is this the end of the middle class?

I like to think (at least to myself) that I am part of the middle class (albeit the lower part). Having said that. I don't know how much longer I can make myself believe it. There seems to be a push by corporate America and those in political power today to eliminate the middle class as we know it. I look around at what is happening with wages and benefits ( or the lack there of) offered by business and see a downward trend. It looks like they want only two classes - RICH  and POOR. This is something that I find very strange. It has historically been, that the middle class is what buys the bulk of the products that business produces not the rich or the poor. If this is the case, why would you eliminate your best customers?
The only thing I can surmise, is that they want to sell there products overseas and only need cheap labor her to produce them. With lower wages they can hire more bodies which makes it look good for  labor statistics and they can make more profits.

I just hope that this comes back to haunt them. But I fear it will take a revolution before we see any positive changes.
Keep fighting for what is fair and just.

No comments:

Post a Comment